Citromax Flavors – Regulatory Specialist
Citromax Flavors is a provider of some of the most recognized and iconic flavors for a variety of food and beverage applications. With a strong focus on Wellness we have been formulating and manufacturing Non-GMO and USDA Certified Organic flavors since 2005. Our Flavor Chemists create winning flavors, extracts and emulsions customized for our customers’ needs, that are certified Organic, NOP, GMO-free or Natural (also available as TTB, N&A, or Artificial.) All our products are manufactured in a Kosher, USDA certified Organic, and allergen-free plant in New Jersey with a nation-wide distribution.
You have an immediate opportunity to join a growing flavor house in Carlstadt, New Jersey. We have a Regulatory Specialist opening with great benefits. Our products are developed for global and regional Food & Beverage brands and manufacturers.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
As a Regulatory Specialist you will play an essential role in the organization. You will:
- – Review flavor formulas for compliance with applicable regulations, customer requirements, and federal and industry guidelines
- – Be the liaison with appropriate regulatory and quality peers in customer operations, develop rapport to promote business relationship, for information exchange and proactive handling of flavor safety/regulatory issues; ensure proper understanding in both directions.
- – Respond to regulatory requests from our customer in the timeline that is required or requested by the customer in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- – Ensuring product submissions are in complete compliance with customer requirements and Federal industry standards as well as Global regulations (i.e. EU, Canada, China, etc.) when necessary.
- – Generating appropriate documentation to meet customer requirements and regulatory portals; help manage the regulatory documentation
- – Develop detailed understanding of all applicable regulations.
- – Provide technical feedback and instructions to assist in internal flavor formula and concept prototype development to meet regulatory requirements
- – Support internal products along with the variety of documents, questionnaires; applying expertise in regards to product labeling, food allergens, genetically modified foods, nutrition, organic and religious suitability (Kosher/Halal), FEMA GRAS, FDA, USDA and international laws that govern the safety of flavorings/food ingredients.
- – Assist in the audit processes by completing necessary documentation and supporting corrective actions. Work with such external agencies on regulatory matters to ensure complete compliance.
- – Prepare documentation and for certifications such as Religious, Organic, others as required by the customer, in compliance with applicable country regulation
- – Interact with the Sales teams to provide regulatory support on time.
- – University / Bachelor’s Degree in scientific or technical area preferred.
- – Minimum 3 of relative experience within the flavors, chemicals, ingredients, food, and beverage industry.
- – Should have knowledge of regulatory agencies as it pertains to the flavor industry must have General regulatory knowledge about flavors and their use in the food and beverage industry.
- – Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing workload to meet multiple deadlines.
- – Good problem-solving skills and accuracy/attention to detail are critical.
- – Must have the ability for continuous learning, comprehension and application of scientific data and demonstrate sense of urgency and deliver worry free service to our customers.
- – Must communicate effectively with sales, customers, and colleagues regarding regulatory status of products in our portfolio.
- – Communicate complex technical issues to non-technical audiences both internally and externally.
- – Must exhibit independent and critical thinking regarding policies and procedures.